As 2020 marches toward its conclusion (thankfully), we here at Nantahala Health Foundation realize most of this year has been incredibly difficult for all of us. That’s why we want to help 20 nonprofit partners finish the year strong.
We are seeking to collaborate with Western North Carolina nonprofits on an end-of-year effort to build capacity, heighten awareness and expand support for your valuable work. We hope to do all this and more by providing up to $2,500 in matching funds for the first 20 organizations to successfully submit an online application and meet our eligibility requirements to partner with us on this effort (see eligibility requirements below).
While promoting our partners’ extraordinary efforts to help others throughout the region, NHF will simultaneously use 31 Days of Giving to advance regional knowledge of social determinants of health and build support for our mission to collaborate with health-oriented organizations throughout the region.
At the forefront of this collaborative campaign, Nantahala Health Foundation wishes to express our sincere gratitude to all who have supported better health outcomes in WNC during this difficult year, to all who choose to do the same as this year wraps up, and to our grantees and partners for their tireless efforts and engagement.
Collaborating Partner’s Role
- Create an account (if you have not already through another 2020 NHF grant application process) HERE and submit your online application to participate by midnight November 6; the first 20 eligible organizations to submit an application will be selected to participate in this event and will qualify for matching grant funds from NHF
- NOTE: The application process does not commit your organization or NHF to a formal collaboration, but it is how we learn more about your interest in participating in this effort
- Begin work to establish your fundraising plan and set your goals
- Those selected to participate will receive an email invitation from Advancement Officer Lisa Duff to join our 10 a.m. Zoom meeting on Friday, November 13
- Share your fundraising and capacity-building plans with NHF by November 23 so we can help you get the word out
- Implement your plan beginning December 1 (#GivingTuesday)
- At each stage of your plan, provide your supporters with the donation portal: nantahalahealthfoundation.org/donate; only donations received December 1-31 via NHF’s online portal are eligible for matching fund from NHF of up to $2,500 per organization
- Learn the results of your efforts and receive your donated funds + NHF’s matching grant funds in January 2021
- Thank your supporters! (though not as a tax acknowledgement; we’ll take care of that process for you)
- Submit a single report to NHF by March 31, 2021, that briefly describes how these funds were utilized to further your mission
- Provide support for your effort, including Zoom presentation, email detailing your work to our supporters, social posts on our platforms, helpful tips and plan ideas
- Provide donation portal URL and matching funds up to $2,500 per eligible partner
- Serve as the tax acknowledgement agency for donations received on your behalf
- Provide our participating partners with regular updates on fundraising status throughout the campaign
- Provide final reporting and funds distribution to all eligible partners no later than February 2021
Partnership Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicant must be an established 501(c)(3) in good standing with the IRS
- Applicant is further classified as a public charity within the meaning of Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2) of the Tax Code
- Applicant is appropriately licensed to solicit funds through the Office of the NC Secretary of State or is deemed exempt from this legal requirement
- Applicant must provide services within Nantahala Health Foundation’s service area, which includes Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Macon, Jackson, and Swain counties in Western North Carolina, as well as the Qualla Boundary
- Matching funds will be made to organizations, not individuals
- Applicant must provide services within one of our strategic priority areas; please visit www.NantahalaHealthFoundation.org for details or see supplemental information contained within this application
- This matching fund opportunity is restricted to organizations not affiliated with Nantahala Health Foundation’s current staff and board members/families through their employment or board membership
2020 Key Dates
- 9 a.m. Friday, October 30 – Online applications open
- 11:59 p.m. Friday, November 6 – Online application deadline
- November 11 – Successful partners will be notified via email with Zoom meeting link
- 10 a.m. November 13 – Partners’ Zoom Meeting
- November 13 – 24 – Collaborative Materials Available
- December 1 – #GivingTuesday Launch Day!
- December 2 – 31 – Our Campaign Continues
- January 15, 2021 – Final results will be made available to partners; checks will be distributed no later than February 2021